A lot of situations may arise wherein you may have to reboot Windows 8 to get things straight back without any issues. One such area you are going to need this measure is when you need to enter safe mode in Windows 8. Safe mode as we all know is used when the computer has abruptly come to a halt or it has started showing signs of any problems. The problem could be a slowdown in its hard drive operation or a virus infection or anything of the same kind. This is when you start thinking about going into safe mode for a better diagnosis.
Sometimes certain files and folders become corrupted and may not be accessible from a normal login in Windows 8. However, you might be able to access them if you manage to enter safe mode. Thus, you need to be aware of how to enter safe mode or more specifically how to boot into Windows 8 safe mode. If you are unaware of that, then there is nothing to worry as we have listed down all the necessary steps you need to follow in order to enter safe mode in Windows 8. Just follow these steps.
- First, you have to check whether your system can be restored to its original and normal functioning if you restart it in normal Windows mode.
- If this does not work, then you can use some easy shortcuts to make your system restart and enter into the safe mode.
- First, you need to press and hold the Windows key and then press the R key to open the Run dialogue box.
- In that box, just type in “msconfig” and press “Enter” to see a new window opening up.
- In that you will see an option called “Safe boot” and following it, you will see options to select the nature of Safe Mode you would like to reach.
- Check the appropriate option and proceed by clicking on “Apply”.
- You can restart your Windows 8 powered PC to enter into the Safe mode easily.
So you can see here that entering the safe mode in Windows 8 is quite easy. Solving any kind of crash problems as well as retrieving files and folders is quite easy in Safe mode. All you need to do is to check the appropriate options and reboot Windows 8 to enter the Safe Mode.