Sometimes situations arise when you may need to restart Windows 8 in your PC as it will become stuck after some program crashes or has been uninstalled/installed. One likely situation is when you have installed an antivirus program like Norton and you need to uninstall it from your system. Most of the time, your computer vendor might have installed Norton in your system and hence you will not have any idea how to uninstall it from your system. Do not worry as we have listed down detailed steps on how to uninstall Norton from your Windows 8 PC.
Removing Norton Antivirus program from your PC
- Open the Windows 8 Tools menu by pressing the “Windows-X” and from there you need to visit the “Control Panel” which is the core system interface.
- You need to navigate to the section labeled “Uninstall a program” under the Programs menu of the Control Panel main menu. Once you reach this sub menu, you can see a list of all programs that are installed in your system.
- Find out Norton from that list and select the application followed by a click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Then a small window will pop up asking you whether to delete all data of the application.
- You need to select the “Please Remove All User Data” option that will be shown under the “Select Your Uninstall Preference” section and all settings of the program, i.e. Norton, will be removed upon further proceeding.
- Finally, click on the button labeled “No, Thanks” if at all the application, i.e. Norton, asks for your permission to install a Toolbar in your system. Once the option is pressed, all it takes is 5 minutes or less to remove Norton completely from your Windows 8 PC.
- You will receive a notification message asking you to either “Restart Now” or “Restart Later” and it is advisable to click on the former option.
- Once clicked, your computer will be restarted and then you will not find any trace of Norton on your system. The application would be completely removed.
Therefore, it is quite easy for you to remove Norton antivirus program from your PC or in fact any software application from your Windows 8 PC by following pretty much the same steps. Do not forget to restart Windows 8 after you have uninstalled such heavy applications, as it is essential for the optimum performance of your PC.Google+